Career Medical is currently seeking Health Information Manager for a Hospital based in Rockhampton, Queensland. It is a Permanent Full-time role.
The Hospital is the leading private, not for profit hospital and aged care group in Central Queensland, operating Hospitals in Rockhampton, Mackay, Bundaberg and Gladstone and Aged Care facilities, Bethany, Leinster Place and McAuley Place in Rockhampton. In addition, the hospital operates its own Food Service and Linen Services.
If the standing of the hospital isn't enough to tempt you, the role offers more work/life balance for you and your family; with rewarding remuneration!
Please refer to the following details to know more about the opening -
Title – Health Information Manager.
Job Type– Permanent Full-time role
Department– Administration and Support Services.
Location– Rockhampton, QLD.
Headcount to be managed– 10-20
Travel– Roughly 1.5 weeks / Month to other branches/sites. Mostly day trips but occasionally night trips.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management or equivalent;
- Member, or eligible for membership, of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA);
- Experience in a comparable role;
- Demonstrated high level of leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to participate in operational management;
- Experience in ICD10-AM coding in a hospital environment;
- Proven effective staff management skills and qualities, including the ability to build and maintain effective multidisciplinary teams and liaise with multidisciplinary professionals.
The Health Information Manager (“HIM”) has overall responsibility for effective planning, administration and evaluation of health information and record management services for Hospitals, including records management, clinical coding functions and medico-legal/release of information functions. Furthermore, the HIM shall maintain and develop a team of Clinical Coders and Medical Records Administrators in a manner that support optimal and compliant billing outcomes.
This position will be located at the Corporate Office in Rockhampton. However, the successful candidate may negotiate for their primary location to be at one of the Hospital facilities in Mackay, Gladstone, or Bundaberg. Travel between facilities is required.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to start a new, exciting role... or maybe you'd just like to complement your existing role with additional hours, please forward your resume to Shivli Bhatnagar at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to have a confidential discussion on the opportunity then you may call Shivli at 0282348989.