Career Medical is currently seeking Contract Clinical Coders for a public hospital based in south west Sydney. It is a contractual role with as many working hours as possible for a coder. After office hours and weekend work hours options are available.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities -
- Responsible for timely and accurate classification of disease, operation and injury causes.
- Maintain current knowledge of coding practices and standards, casemix and related computer applications.
- To perform identification of codes utilising the coding software, entry of codes and grouping of codes.
- Complete necessary notifications as required according to guidelines.
- Participate in quality activities to ensure continuous improvement in coding processes, patient record documentation and the collection of quality health data.
- Report additional clinical indicator and adverse patient outcomes as directed by the HIS Manager.
- Participate in activities which contribute to the professional development of the service and/or self.
Qualifications, Experience Skills & Attributes
- Coding experience in public hospital.
- Practical knowledge of and experience in the current disease classification and its use within the hospital setting.
- Knowledge of casemix implications and requirements.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and organisation skills including the ability to liaise with a range of health professionals.
- High level of reliability and easy-going personality with good communication skills.
- Proficiency in Coding Software.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to start a new, exciting role... or maybe you'd just like to complement your existing role with additional hours, please forward your resume to Shivli Bhatnagar at email@example.com