Career Medical is currently seeking Contract Clinical Coder for our client based in Melbourne.
You'll enjoy flexible hours (ability to choose your own) and be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate.
We have ongoing requirements for experienced Clinical Coders to work at highly regarded tertiary facilities based in Melbourne. You'll be actively represented and looked after by Career Medical Recruitment and be supported by flexible hours (ability to work after hours and weekends) and a positive, friendly workplace.
A self-starter with the ability to prioritise, you'll take pride in your ability to manage your workflow and contribute to overall team objectives. You'll understand the importance of assigning accurate and timely coding of medical records using the current Australian coding standards. Proficiency in ICD-10-AM 10th Edition is preferred.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities -
- Responsible for timely and accurate classification of disease, operation and injury causes.
- Maintain current knowledge of coding practices and standards, casemix and related computer applications.
- To perform identification of codes utilising the coding software, entry of codes and grouping of codes.
- Complete necessary notifications as required according to guidelines.
- Participate in quality activities to ensure continuous improvement in coding processes, patient record documentation and the collection of quality health data.
- Report additional clinical indicator and adverse patient outcomes as directed by the HIS Manager.
- Participate in activities which contribute to the professional development of the service and/or self.
Qualifications, Experience Skills & Attributes
- At least 2 years of Clinical Coding experience in Australian hospital (preference will be given for public)
- Practical knowledge of and experience in the current disease classification and its use within the hospital setting.
- Knowledge of casemix implications and requirements.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and organisation skills including the ability to liaise with a range of health professionals.
- High level of reliability and easy-going personality with good communication skills.
- Proficiency in Coding Software.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to start a new, exciting role... or maybe you'd just like to complement your existing role with additional hours, please forward your resume to Shivli Bhatnagar at firstname.lastname@example.org