Career Medical is currently seeking Patient Safety & Quality Analyst (Clinical Analyst) on Permanent Fulltime basis for a reputed hospital based in Melbourne.
About the hospital
Our vision is to bring healing to people through services that are caring, comforting and affirming and give them a reason to hope and a greater sense of their own dignity. Our organisational culture reflects our values of Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence. Importantly because the whole of the organisation is concerned with caring for or supporting people, those associated with the provision of services, at all levels are considered to be "Caregivers". Caregivers are expected to uphold the five values, treating each other and those they serve with respect and dignity in support of our vision. Each Caregiver is responsible for furthering the Mission of the hospital.
About the Role:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Patient Safety and Quality Analyst role has responsibility for enabling access to high-quality clinical data and analytics and reporting that will enhance our ability to understand how safely, effectively, and efficiently we provide care and services to our patients, and continuously improve clinical outcomes across the continuum of patient care journeys
The Patient Safety and Quality Analyst will be responsible for the implementation of visual and analytical systems and processes to enable the Board, executive, hospital/service caregivers and our health practitioner partners to develop a deep understanding of clinical processes and patient outcomes and monitoring. This includes the establishment of relevant cascading indicators and targets for internal and external reporting, and taking into account relevant industry benchmarks.
Clinical Data Visualisation, Analytics, and Interrogation
- Work closely with the Group Director Medical Services and Group Director Nursing to determine relevant legislative, licensing, strategic and operational clinical data and information requirements.
- Collaborates within the Analytics Team on tasks and priorities, including ETL and scripting processes.
- Lead and undertake clinical data analysis and manipulation across the patient care journey and identify and interpret data patterns and correlations.
- Design and re-design analytics and relevant reporting outputs that enable cascading measurement, monitoring and reporting of clinical performance against strategic, regulatory, and operational objectives at all levels of the organization.
- Develop suitable user-friendly visual data applications that provide performance insights needed and identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in relation to clinical practice.
All other reasonable duties as directed by the relevant Manager/Supervisor
- Participate as a valued team member promoting and contributing to a supportive team environment.
- Communicate effectively with all customers and patients using the appropriate channels, utilising appropriate formal and informal channels of communication.
Quality and Risk
Participate in, contribute to and implement quality improvement and risk management into all aspects of service.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Adhere to all applicable hospital policies and guidelines.
- Take reasonable care of themselves and others.
- Not to interfere, bypass or misuse any system or equipment provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
- Take all actions to avoid, eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Seek information on any work they undertake and be aware of the risks and hazards associated with their work.
- Report all incidents / hazards / injuries.
- Assist in completion of incidents / hazards / injuries reports.
- Participate in the documentation of Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures for activities that could pose an OHS risk.
- Raise OHS issues with appropriate caregivers and take part in OHS consultative arrangements.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment as required and directed.
- Attend all mandatory and recommended OHS training as scheduled by Group Services.
- Promote a positive safety culture within their areas by demonstrating a positive commitment to OHS.
- The caregiver, recognising hospital commitment to responsible environmental stewardship, will support the organisational Environmental goals in performance of all duties.
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of hospital.
- Have an official clinical background i.e. medical, nursing, pathology, allied health or alike.
- Recent and relevant experience working within the health industry together with an excellent understanding of current operational issues facing health service providers.
- Proven experience in using visual software (eg. Tableau or PowerBI) and graphic design.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in establishing and maintaining advanced analytical insight and data management services.
- Extensive experience in data analysis, data management and visualization across acute and subacute health services.
- Good understanding of data model concepts, data warehouse and SQL.
- Proven knowledge of patient safety-related and clinical practice measurement methods, including statistics and risk adjustment.
- Have a good understanding of performance management concepts like KPI’s, measures and matrix.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislative requirements, industry standards (eg. National Safety and Quality in Health Service Standards) and industry best practice pertaining to clinical service delivery and clinical practice.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with IT minded personnel as well as high-level executive management.
- Work in a team and deliver outcomes within a team environment.
- Proven experience in facilitating stakeholder consultation and participation.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed communication (written and oral) skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Management, mathematics, Statistics, Business Management or Engineering.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to start a new and exciting role, please forward your resume to Shivli Bhatnagar at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to have a confidential discussion on the opportunity then you may call Shivli at 0431567243